Join forces with Agosto, a one-of-a-kind Google Enterprise Premier Partner, software developer and cloud consulting firm. Agosto has service offerings across Google Enterprise; email & collaboration, IaaS, PaaS, Geo, Search and devices. Highly-awarded for their innovations and recognized by Inc., Wired, and MN High Tech Association, Agosto has a motivational and fun-loving environment.
This practice lead will have not only the technical chops to roll up their sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also be the linchpin in the final steps of the sales process. You will lead your team to shape and deliver Big Data products built on Google Cloud Platform. You will be responsible for a team that develops architectures, products, methodologies, and delivers world-class implementation services to our clients.
- Manage a software engineering team that builds, designs, implements and maintains front-ends and back-ends for clients Big Data products.
- Gathering requirements from client for the product requirements document.
- Work with team to ensure product and marketing requirements document are in sync.
- Design and develop applications that require high availability, scalability, concurrency and multi-tenancy.
- Influence and establish best engineering practices through solid design decisions, processes and tools.
- Provide leadership for cloud developer technology and manage collaboration with cross-functional Engineering teams to streamline and improve adoption of Google Cloud Platform.
- Work collaboratively with a development team to create and execute research and development programs related to Big Data
- Work and coordinate with development teams at Google to provide best possible products.
- Represent Agosto at technical events such as Devfest and Google Next, potentially present on completed projects.
- 6+ years of experience leading software engineering teams (mentoring junior engineers, setting technical direction, etc.).
- Advanced proficiency with at least one statistical computing language for data analysis, such as R or Python.
- Experience and knowledge on best product development practices.
- 5+ years’ experience in information delivery, data architecture design, analytics, and business intelligence.
- 10+ years of IT consulting experience in data warehousing, operational data stores and large scale implementations.
- Experience programming applications backed by cloud services
- Experience in client facing role, utilized as high level technical expert to ensure successful close of sales process.
- Solid foundation in design, data structures and algorithms, and strong analytical and debugging skills with customer-facing products experience.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Preferred qualifications:
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- Proven track record of delivering successfully within aggressive timelines.
- Leading cloud product development, Machine Learning and IoT company with over 16 years of experience helping companies work smarter and faster
- One of the world’s most experienced Google Cloud Platform, Google Maps, and Google Apps for Work Partners
- Awards include: Google Enterprise Global Partner of the Year for Cloud Platform; 14th Fastest Growing Company in MN (Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal MN Fast 50); Minnesota High Tech Association’s Tekne, Inc. 500 | 5000; Talkin’ Cloud 100 Top Cloud Service Providers, and many more
- Clients include: Groupon, Starbucks, Google, Minnesota Wild, Quicken Loans, Consumer Reports, Sony Network Entertainment, Library of Congress, State of Wyoming, Jaguar Land Rover, and many more
- Voted a 2015 and 2016 Best Places to Work in the Twin Cities by Minneapolis/St Paul Business Journal